How to apply for a Kenyan visa
The following information is provided to help you in the process of applying for a Kenyan visa. Each participant is responsible for ensuring the requirements for traveling to and from Kenya and their country of residence are met.
If your visa is issued by one of the following countries:
Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Eritrea, Iraq, North Korea, Kosovo, Lebanon, Libya, Palestine, Somalia, Syria, Tajikistan or Yemen
You will need our hosting institution ICRAF to apply for a referred visa in advance on your behalf. In order to do this, materials will be required no later than September 1.
Please register for the conference as soon as possible so that ICRAF staff can submit your visa in time. It is the responsibility of participants coming from these countries to ensure their materials are submitted by the above date.
Online and On Arrival Visas
Visas for all other countries can be obtained either online or on arrival. We recommend applying for your visa online at least 7 business days prior to travel to save time at the airport. Visas are available on arrival as necessary.
Please see a list of countries whose citizens require visas here.
Online Visa Application Process
Please note online applications take up to 7 working days for approval.
The eVisa website requires you to upload the following files with your visa application. Have these documents ready before you begin your application:
- A clear passport ID photo (500 x 500 pixels format)
- Scanned copy of your passport biodata page
- A copy of your flight itinerary, including a RETURN flight
Follow these steps
- Go to the Kenyan Visa website here
- Create an account and sign in (or sign in if you have previously created an account)
- Once signed in, select “Department of Immigration Services”
- Select “Make Application”
- Select “Apply for a Single Entry Visa”
- Select “Apply Now”
- Read the instructions carefully and fill out the information
- When prompted for “Reason for Travel,” select “Tourism” – NOT “Business” (our host, ICRAF, is a diplomatic institution and does not require business registration certificates)
- Complete the application form
- When you get to “Upload Additional Documents,” include your ticket as the itinerary
- Pay using visa card, master card or other debit and credit cards
- Save your visa application “Ref No” and proof of payment
- Await approval, then download and print the eVisa from your eCitizen account
- Present your printed visa to the immigration officer at the port of entry
If your online visa is not approved in time, please proceed with the proof of payment to the “Visa on Arrival” line at Kenyan Immigration after landing in Nairobi
If you have a problem at the Kenyan Immigration when you arrive, please contact:
Please note these contacts are only for immigration emergencies. Please Kenya’s eVisa website for more information.