2020 Convention session – Gender Data: Knowledge Gaps, Research Protocols & Improving Data Systems
This session on gender data aired live at the virtual 2020 CGIAR Convention on Big Data in Agriculture.
Although considerable advances have been made to close gender data gaps in recent years, holes persist in our understanding of the gender digital divide itself. This session examines knowledge gaps relating to the gender digital divide, as well as efforts to improve gender data annotation and findability.
- Hannah Craig (intro), CGIAR Platform for Big Data, Communications Deputy
- Revi Sterling, USAID W-GDP WomenConnect Challenge, Director
- Emily Pryor, Data2X, Executive Director
- Marcelo Tyszler, KIT Royal Tropical Institute, Senior Advisor
- Medha Devare, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI), Senior Research Fellow
- Claire Sibthorpe, GSMA, Head of Connected Women, Connected Society and Assistive Tech
October 30, 2020