Training Session – Searching and requesting new terms in ontologies
Training session on the use of the Crop Ontology/Planteome term submission form and GitHub issue tracker to ask for new terms or suggest updates in ontologies.
This year the Ontologies CoP is organizing a series of hands–on sessions on how to contribute to ontologies used to label agri-food data. The sessions will be independent and based on your level: beginner or advanced.
This first session is targeting those using controlled vocabularies, thesauri, and ontologies for data annotation that want to learn good practices to search for a term in an ontology and request missing ones. The learnings will be applicable to most ontologies as they often follow a similar workflow using GitHub.
- PPT presentation used in the webinar for a step-by-step guide
- Ontology Lookup Service of EBI used to explain how to search for a term, submit a new term, or suggest updates
- Term submission form used by Crop Ontology
- GitHub issue tracker utilized by the Agronomy Ontology
- Marie Angélique Laporte, Associate Scientist, the Alliance Bioversity International-CIAT
March 30, 2021