In Nigeria, the farmer population is aging and there is insufficient interest in the agricultural sector by the younger generation due to a number of reasons, including but not limited to :
- A wrong perspective of agriculture especially production (farming) that is seen as not profitable, for the uneducated and labor intensive;
- Young people are not equipped to take advantage of the opportunities in the value chain such as processing, regional markets and value-addition;
- Constrained access to land and finance;
- Lack of knowledge both technical & business; and
- Lack of access to information that can guide them to success.
AgropreneurNg is a specialized online information and knowledge sharing platform that focuses on success stories of young people in agriculture. The platform facilitates both online and offline training on ICT4Ag and agribusiness enterprises for young people.
An initiative by
Find out more about →
111 Youths engaged
How can you help AgropreneurNg?
Describe needs for support