2020 Convention session – CGIAR’s management of data assets
This session on CGIAR’s management of data assets aired live at the 2020 virtual CGIAR Convention on Big Data in Agriculture.
Managing data assets to industry standards is critical for digital dynamism and adaptive food systems. Strong policies, strategies, and assessments to help improve the ability of institutions to comply with standards are part of the foundation to enable this. In this session we will hear several speakers talk about CGIAR’s approach to establishing this foundation, to build towards data assets that enable agility and easier leveraging of data and digital technologies to facilitate more adaptive food systems.
- Brian King: CGIAR Platform for Big Data in Agriculture, Coordinator
- Medha Devare: Senior Research Fellow, IFPRI
- Philippe Ellul: CGIAR, Senior Officer: Programs Unit
- Kathryn Reynolds: CABI, Data Analyst and Steward
- Madina Bazarova: CGIAR, Head, CGIAR System Internal Audit Function
November 20, 2020