Webinar – Collaboration with the FAO on AGROVOC and AGRIS – The CGIAR exemplar
The Information and Data Management Community of Practice presents the collaboration between CGIAR and AGROVOC– FAO.
In this webinar organized by the IDM CoP, the AGROVOC team discusses the AGROVOC controlled vocabulary, its evolution, and new developments. The team also presents AGRIS, and how CGIAR participates in this effort.
Links mentioned in the webinar:
- 00:02:48 – AGROVOC presentation
- 00:14:08 – AGRIS presentation
- 00:54:45 – Q&A
- 00:11:30 – How is or will the CGIAR term contribution be made visible in AGROVOC? Elizabeth Arnaud – Alliance Bioversity-CIAT.
- 00:40:43 – Few years ago, we stopped contributing to AGRIS when we noticed some CGSpace outputs were attributed with the wrong Centers. Do you think this is now corrected? Can we check what we have on your system and make the necessary corrections if needed? – Abenet Yabowork – ILRI.
- 00:41:50 – Is there an on-demand platform to access the trainings on AGRIS? Olatunbosun Obileye – IITA.
- 00:43:21 – What is the added value of AGRIS compare to GARDIAN? is it to push our data in a different ecosystem of data providers? Get multilingual access? – Elizabeth Arnaud – Alliance Bioversity-CIAT.
- 00:49:57 – What is it that AGRIS will provide back to data providers? Medha Devare – IFPRI/Platform for Big Data in Agriculture.
- Imma Subirats, Senior Information Management Officer and AGROVOC manager – FAO
- Kristin Kolshus, Information Management Officer, AGROVOC curator – FAO
- Ilkay Holt, AGRIS curator – FAO
- Fabrizio Celli, Software Engineer, AGRIS – FAO
June 18, 2021